Tag Archives: Philly
Being from Philadelphia Steel Tip knows a few things about Philly Cheese Steaks. In this clip he calls Pop’s Cheese Steaks in Las Vegas and complains that their cheese steaks are not authentic.
Since August 2011 just about every time I turned on Philly’s Radio 104.5 I was ear blasted with the single “Little Talks” by Icelandic indie/folk sextet “Of Monsters and Men”. This first single is energetic, melodic, and evokes a smile just about every time it’s heard. It’s the kind of single that makes you want more, so when I found their full length album “My head is an Animal” due to hit the states on April 3rd on my desk, I couldn’t wait to pop it in and hear what else this band had to offer.
A couple of weeks ago our friends, Corporate Hearts, played a few songs outside of the Philadelphia Police Department Headquarters (The Roundhouse) in support of those arrested at Occupy Philly on 10/23/11. Check out the video of them performing their song “Manufactured Fear” from that night.
Hailing from the streets of Philadelphia, PA, the four young guys in Adalie have accomplished a lot since starting the band in 2007. Since being founded by Derrek Siemieniuk (vocals/guitar), John Young (bass), and drummer, Matt Siemieniuk, the band has evolved their sound significantly. The progress became more evident when they inquired local friend and musician, Dan Kirk to join and share vocal and guitar duties to balance out their lineup. In 2009, following John’s departure, Dan’s brother D.J. stepped in to take his place as Adalie’s permanent bass player.
* Santoro owns everyone, guests and Jonesy alike, by using his soundboard. He also retires his “seminars” for good this time. Or does he?
* Everyone may think The Stabcast doesn’t know Jack. . .but now they do. He plays guitar for the band Borderline Heros, and though he can’t spell, he talks to the guys.
* Are a Yahoo Search and two criminal accusations enough to keep Jonesy away from Sacred Grounds?
* Guitar player and vocalist for Philly band The Great American Soundtrack calls in to banter with the guys about nicknames, college life, and of course, music.
* The Stabcast is giving away 2 FREE iTunes Gift Cards this week! Listen to show #13 to find out how YOU can win!
- Santoro broke his CD player, so he gets Diana of Boy Girl Sleepover to sing for him.
- Philly hip hop artist Tony Two-Step calls in to talk about his unique sound.
- Jonesy manipulates Bruce from The Cool Kids Table into calling himself and some other people.
- Members of Jersey band Amora Bliss, Steve and Derek, as well as Derek’s mom, talk to the Stabcast about Chinese food and brownies.
•Jonesy and Santoro recap their triumphant return to Sacred Grounds, making their first appearance of the year after a LONG 2 week hiatus from the venue.
•After meeting the guys at Sacred, Bill Aftermath comes on the show to talk about his newly formed band: Plan the Escape.
•More of Santoro’s Sex-Ed, and Jonesy’s music!
•Mike, drummer for Philly rock band Chicago Violin, calls in to the show, talking about music and car crashes.
•Find out what happens when Santoro calls the “Bruce, From The Cool Kids Table Hotline”