In case you missed it by now, last week I started a celebrity challenge that will pin 64 celebrities divide into 4 divisions (TV, movies, music and other) against each other. We played out first round, and explained the basic rules on last week’s The Stabcast. If you didn’t hear it yet, here are the basic rules. Celebrities were divided into their divisions and then seeded based on total web pages that mentioned their name (per Bing). From there the winners are determined via most recent stats from Google Trends. They get 1 point for recent search trends, and 1 point for recent news trends. In the event of a tie Yahoo buzz is looked at and the person with the higher ranking wins be default. Yahoo Buzz can also overrule the current decision if the person is in the top 20.
We are down to the top 32 and will play the round right now. Tomorrow listen live to The Stabcast at 1:00 PM EST right here as we play round 3 live on air.
Game 1: Jennifer Lopez (1) wins against Kirstie Alley (9)
- Jennifer Lopez won without a doubt.
Game 2: Charlie Sheen (5) wins against Rob Lowe (4)
- Anyone surprised Charlie Sheen is winning?
Jennifer Lopez (1) will play Charlie Sheen (5) tomorrow.
Game 3: Jennifer Aniston (3) wins against Jason Ritter (6)
- Jason Ritter almost took it to overtime.
Game 4: Victoria Justice (2) wins against Jane Leeves (7)
- Jane Leeves almost took this to overtime with a close call in news trends
Jennifer Aniston (3) will play Victoria Justice (2) tomorrow
Game 5: Bill Clinton (1) wins against Sarah Palin (9) in overtime
-Sarah Palin was the clear winner with search trends but had slightly less news results
Game 6: Trish Stratus (4) wins against Fidel Castro (5) in overtime
-With a recent spike in searches Trish Stratus takes this to overtime and wins.
Bill Clinton (1) will play Trish Stratus (4) tomorrow
Game 7: GAME OF THE ROUND: Tom Brady (3) wins against Steel Tip (6)
- Our very own Steel Tip gets crushed by Tom Brady
Game 8: Glenn Beck (2) wins against Torrie Willson (7)
Tom Brady (3) will play Glenn Beck tomorrow (2)
- It looks like Glenn Beck has a recent increase is both searches and news.
Game 9: Anne Hathaway (9) wins against Angelina Jolie (1) in overtime
- This was the closest game of the week and a favorite to win was defeated
Game 10: Lindsay Lohan (13) wins against Mel Gibson (5)
- With a recent bump in the news Lindsay just barley wins out
Anne Hathaway (9) will play Lindsay Lohan (13) tomorrow.
Game 11: Emma Watson (3) wins against Gwyneth Paltrow (6)
- Gwyneth declined very fast in the trends over the last week while Emma stayed level
Game 12: Jessica Alba (2) wins against Kate Winslet (7) in overtime
- Recent news about Kate Winslet pushed this to overtime
Emma Watson (3) will play Jessica Alba (2) tomorrow
Game 13: Katy Perry (9) wins against Taylor Swift (1)
- A lot of news about Taylor Swift lately was very close to getting to this to overtime
Game 14: Justin Bieber (13) wins against Ashlee Simpson (12) in overtime
- A big spike in news for Ashlee Simpson took this to overtime
Katy Perry (9) will play Justin Bieber (13) tomorrow
Game 15: Avril Lavigne (6) wins against Demi Lovato (14)
- Avril’s recent tattoo keeps her in news and people searching to win outright
Game 16: Jessica Simpson (2) wins against Cee-Lo Green (10)
- At least 1 Simpson sister is still in this as she crushes Cee-Lo
Avril Lavigne (6) will play Jessica Simpson (2) tomorrow
The officials have reviewed all of the games and have overturned the follow decisions:
Taylor Swift (1) actually won against Katy Perry (9). Taylor Swift (1) will now play Justin Bieber (13) tomorrow.
The game to watch tomorrow is Jennifer Lopez (1) going against the favorite to win Charlie Sheen (5).
A copy of the current bracket is below, and be sure to check out The Stabcast broadcast live tomorrow to get the results of tomorrows game and get an update to where Steel Tip and Santoro are on their brackets.