I thought I would do something a little different this week. Rather than write a blog about 1 topic I decided to keep a journal of my thought as I think them today. Ill try my best to remember to update this often but I’m sure mainly this is going to be a list of what annoys me today.
1. I see the flashing school zone sign and understand we should be driving 15 mph. I don’t understand why we are driving 2 mph. Also why do you have your 4 ways on? I’m not going to run into your car, I see the flashing school sign, the school, the crossing guard, the kids running across the road and know you are driving slow…the blinking lights on your car are useless. Also the more I think about this why do we need to slow down for high school kids? They want to be treated like adults…I’m an adult and people don’t slow down for me when I try to cross the street most of the time people speed up thinking they are funny…screw these kids and the school zone. I’m going to pass this van driving 2 with its flashers on and continue to drive 55…that’s what I’m going to do.
2. Why are tickets and fines packed with additional fees? $200 for speeding in a school zone, $150 for passing in a no passing zone, $110 for testing while driving then the fees $40 for public library fee (are they still around) $25 for prison fund (don’t taxes pay that) and a $10 convince fee (nothing was convent for me in that transaction…). When did ticket master buy the police department? Also 2 points? When did driving become a game? What’s my rank? What’s the prize?
3. Why is it so hard to find parking in the city? There are lots but why should I pay $20 to park for a minute. Afterall I’m only going in this building for a minute. They have meters that only cost a quarter to park nut there are none where I need them. I only see a sign that says no stopping. Does that mean no parking? Its a little unclear. Ill just circle the block a few times and see what becomes available. Its been 90 minutes and I have an idea. Ill pull up to the no stopping area and throw my car in neutral…I only need to drop off a paper my car will slowly continue to move…best idea ever.
4. Who knew cars could coast that fast? It looks like a caused a minor accident and I don’t understand how the police can issue me a ticket…I was met driving the car at the time of the accident. On top of everything it turns out I let my insurance lapse now they are taking my car away. I guess I need to find a taxi to get home.
5. Why do taxis smell like a gas station bathroom?
6. Now that I’m home I realized I’m stressed out. I’m thinking about getting a massage at the place across the street. I hear they also serve happy endings…a massage and a little ice cream…what could go wrong?
7. Just got my phone back from the police and am out of jail. For some reason the police raided the massage place right as I entered…its too late to go home I’m walking into this motel now. They charge by the hour which is good because I only need a nap. The only odd thing is that this lady out front keeps asking if I’m John. I’ve never been mistaken for a john before…I get mark and jim but not john…that’s odd. Time for a quick nap.
8. They must be doing construction in the room next to me. I hear a lot of banging and someone yelling harder…they must not be strong enough for construction. Wow…its a lot later than I thought I better start walking home now to post this in time.
9. Just helped some nice men on the way home. They explained that they were recently displaced and need some money to get back up and running. I gave the $1000 and my home address so they can mail me a check when they get back on their feet…they speed off in a car in the direction I was heading…I should have asked for a ride since its a long walk.
10. Just got home and it looks like someone broke into my house and stole everything…